Marina is The Gambia's premier international school and has existed for over sixty years.
The Junior and High Schools share an attractive, spacious campus, and occupy the same site but are physically separate within the site at Fajara, Bakau - New Town area of Greater Banjul, the country's capital. The school admits students from Nursery through to Year 13 (Form 7) and there are currently more than 1000 pupils on roll. As a Cambridge International Examinations Centre, Marina follows the English National Curriculum and offers IGCSE, AS, and A levels.
Dear Families of Marina International School,
I am honored and humbled to introduce myself as the new Director of Schools for Marina International School and join this reputable, caring, academic school community. I can assure you that I share in this school community’s dedication to caring for our students daily while providing them with a meaningful learning environment to achieve their potential.
- Bachelor of Education, Bachelor's of Music Education, Masters of Educational Leadership from Memorial University, Canada.
- Published Thesis. The role of collaborative leadership in building professional learning communities: an intern's perspective
- Diploma in Educational Technology from McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
- Certified Google Educator
- IB leadership
- Certified in ASD and Behavioral Interventions from the Department of Education Early Child Development in New Brunswick, Canada.
The 2022-2023 academic year will mark my 34th year in education:
- 1989 to 2003 Music and Science Teacher
- 2003 to 2005 Assistant Head position at a K-12 school.
- 2005 to 2019 Head of Schools in Newfoundland, Canada.
- 2016 Literacy Development Facilitator Sierra Leone, Africa (Volunteer).
- Facilitated the development of Professional Development modules for Sierra Leone Teachers Union and encouraged social justice development through presentations and discussions
- 2019 Founding Head of Schools for a new International school in Doha, Qatar.
We believe and our commitment to our students:
- We believe that all students can achieve.
- We will collaborate as a team to help all students achieve their best.
- We will continually align standards to create better results regularly.
- We will use assessments and manage the data in a way that allows us to create greater success in our students.
- We will pursue meaningful interventions to use with our students to ensure they are working towards their personal best.
- We will provide a safe and caring environment for all students.
I am excited to begin this journey as the Director of Marina International School and grateful for the opportunity to get to know your family and children.
Director of Schools - Marina International School